As a native Long Islander, Rebecca used to visit Port Jefferson for a fun afternoon or evening out with friends. Now a resident, her and Andrew are thrilled to have incredible restaurants, bars, music venues, little shops, harbor-side strolls, a Sunday farmer's market, and multiple beaches in their back yard. When you stay here, they're all within your easy reach, too! Add the benefit of a tight-knit community and local constables to make for a safe, family-friendly atmosphere, and you have a fantastic little village.
We are located a walkable half mile from both the Port Jefferson Long Island Rail Road train station and the Port Jefferson-Bridgeport Ferry. It is a 2-hour train ride to our village from Manhattan or Brooklyn. If guests are arriving without a vehicle and we are around to pick you up, we are happy to do so as a courtesy. Otherwise, taxi service as well as a village Jitney bus service are available to transport you and your luggage to our home or around town. While the port is a hilly place, most everything is within walking distance, most importantly restaurants, shops, and public transit. Forget the hassle of finding parking downtown, paying for meters, risking tickets, and feeling rushed: just stroll down and leave all that behind.
We aren't far from many popular destinations. Hop in your car and drive:
- 15 minutes to Stony Brook University's campus, hospital, Staller Center, and sports fields.
- 25 minutes from Brookhaven National Laboratory
- 35+ minutes to North fork attractions such as wineries, pick-your-own farms, Tanger Outlets shopping, and more!
- 15 minutes to historic Stony Brook village
- 15 minutes to Old Field Farm showgrounds
- 25 minutes to MacArthur airport
- 70 minutes to LaGuardia or JFK airports
The Fox and Owl Inn
1037 Main Street
Port Jefferson, NY 11777
Please call or send us an email with any questions or booking requests. We will get back to you as soon as possible!